Applecroft Primary School is a large and successful primary where the interests of the children are at the centre of all we do. The school opened in 1923 as the first Welwyn Garden City Secondary School and was called Handside School. In 1953 the school became a junior school and was renamed Applecroft Junior School.
In 1986 the school was amalgamated with Parkway Infants School and became Applecroft Primary School. The Nursery was added in 1999 with 60 places, 30 children attending in the morning and 30 in the afternoon.
School Photo October 1948