Year 6 SummerTerm w/c 11.5.20
Weekly Update 8th May 2020
A slightly earlier update so you can prepare for the week ahead. Thank you all so much for sharing all the work you have been doing and sending in photos; we have added these to the slideshow Summer 1 on the class webpage. We are adding a section of cartouches and also Henry Moore work so please continue to send these in if you are still working on them.
You will find we have designed a new look to the webpage with this week's work available on a subpage (click on the purple swirl icon). You can also use and view previous weeks here as well as general resources and competitions.
Work for w/c May 11th 2020
- English: A writing task with a Welwyn Garden City theme (plus read aloud link of 'The Promise)
- History: Learn more about the Ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses. Make a fact file.
- Music: Learn with Beethoven and try some composition
- Maths: Creative tasks to apply your mathematical skills and knowledge (choose one or two this week)
This week we would like you to send a piece of work or photo from the Maths challenges and please send in anything else you would like us to see.
There is no expectation that all the work above is completed; do what can be managed and do carry on with daily reading, maths and your own learning projects. For those looking for other ideas you could try:
- BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons (general resources)
- Design an Eco-Learning Centre (competitions)
- Skipping Challenge (competitions)
- Road to Tokyo (competitions)
- My Maths (own logins)
- Any work you would like to do from previous weeks
We miss everyone but continue to be very proud of the way so many in Year 6 are working, adapting and managing this situation and grateful to you all for your support. Have a good week everyone and keep in touch.
with best wishes
The Year Six Team
What makes Welwyn Garden City Special?
Listen again to 'The Promise' by Nicola Davies which we read in the Autumn term as part of our Welwyn Garden City Centenary topic.
History: Ancient Egyptian Gods
A reading comprehension and task to learn more about the gods of Ancient Egypt
Music: Duration, Tempo and Beethoven
Here is your music lesson for this week.